An agricultural crawler with ample towing power and transmission like no other, John Deere 9620RX stands out.
John Deere is one of the most powerful tractors in the 9R series and is hailed as one of the most sold tractors of John Deere.
In this article, we will share the in-depth details of the John Deere 9620RX, along with its features and specifications.
Let us begin the article by knowing about John Deere 9620RX.
About John Deere 9620RX
John Deere 9620RX is an articulated crawler tractor manufactured in Waterloo, Iowa, USA, since 2016. Earlier, the LT series of John Deere tractors were manufactured in Horicon, Wisconsin, USA.
It has a very powerful six-cylinder engine, and its specially designed tracks are very helpful for the easy maneuvering of the tractor. It comes with a CommandView III cab which helps in comfortable operations and offers clear visibility and relatively easy switch controls.
It has two variants, 9620R, which is a four-wheeled drive, and 9620RX, which is an articulated crawler. It has 18 forward and 6 reverse gears, assisting in easy and effective driving.
John Deere 9620RX Specs
|Model||John Deere 9620 rx|
|Type||Articulated Crawler tractor|
|Length (overall)||Excluding hitch: 300.7 inches
Including hitch and coupler: 323.5 inches
|Wheel Base||163.5 inches|
|Lawn/turf front (ag)||30-inch track|
|Lawn/turf rear (ag)||30-inch track|
|Engine Manufacturer/ model||Cummins QSX15|
|Engine Power (Gross)||462.3 kW|
|No. of cylinders||6-cylinder|
|Bore and stroke||5.39x6.65|
|PTO (claimed)||319 hp|
|Fuel type||Variable geometry turbocharger diesel|
|Fuel tank capacity||400 gal|
|Charging amp||200 / 240 A|
|Battery CCA||925 A
|Rear PTO||Independent Opt|
|Rear RPM||1000 (1.75)|
|Transmission & Chassis:|
|Type||Full power shift e18 PowerShift|
|Oil Capacity||43.5 L|
|Coolant capacity||87.7 qts|
|Gears||18 forward and 6 reverse|
|Steering type||Hydraulic power-steering|
|Type||Closed-center pressure/flow compensated|
|Total flow||435 L/min (115 gpm)|
|Rear lift (at 24"/610mm)||15000 lbs|
|72” mid-mount mower deck||N/A|
|Manufacturing location||Waterloo, Iowa, USA|
Features of John Deere 9620RX
Every John Deere tractor has unique characteristics and many features that other tractors do not have. Let’s take a look at some John Deere 9620Rx features.
John Deere 9620RX uses a Cummins QSX 15L engine. John Deere and Cummins have now partnered to provide the end user with engines of the highest quality. Cummins is a top maker of automobile engines and uses the same building approach as John Deere.
Cummins QSX 15L engine is a four-stroke, liquid-cooled, inline engine type. It is a six-cylinder diesel engine that can generate a horsepower of 620, one of the highest horsepower of any tractor engine of the 9R series.
It offers a four-wheel drive with tracks on each side rather than the very traditional and conventional tires.
It has an articulated crawling structure that provides stability and smooth maneuvering and can be used for heavy towing.
It also provides the highest technology switch controls equipped with modern safety features. It can work in rough terrain and soil conditions with ease and provides a comfortable air-conditioned cab to function the operations.
The John Deere 9620RX articulated crawler tractor is compatible with a variety of attachments, including a snowblower, hitch auxiliary raise kit DR – BRE10203, and accumulator kit BRE10185.
The operator station can also be filled with many other useful tools like a backup alarm kit – RE273380, floor insulation – BRE10202, and backup alarm Kit – RE273380.
4. Powerful 620 Horsepower
John Deere 9620RX comes with a six-cylinder engine that accumulates a 620hp. John Deere 9620RX is considered one of the highest horsepower engines in the whole John Deere four-wheel drive tractor segment.
5. A Comfortable CommandView III Cab
One of the key features of the John Deere 9620RX is it has a cab facility like no other. It provides clear visibility and comes with shock absorbers at every corner of the cab, which is spring-loaded, making it tolerable for any kind of jerking.
The cab comes with easily reachable controls, and it is equipped with air conditioning making long sunny hours at work easy and smooth.
6. Power Shift Transmission
John Deere 9620RX comes with an E18 PowerShift transmission which is of the highest technology and makes a tractor driver’s job much easier. It is made for any level of operators, from novice to very experienced, as it offers features that have different modes of transmission depending on the need of the people. It comes with a fully automatic version, a custom, and a manual one.
A fully automatic and custom mode adjusts and adapts the driving and the vehicle’s speed according to the terrain and the condition, which takes the guessing and predicting game out and makes the work easy.
Whereas manual gearing is for people who like to go old school and have all the controls of the vehicle and experienced people who like to go by the traditional way.
Pros and Cons of John Deere 9620RX Tractor
Every machine has pros and cons. In this section, we will thoroughly describe some of the biggest advantages and disadvantages (if any) of buying a John Deere 9620RX.
Let’s look at the pros first:
- Powerful Tracks: When you are looking for a heavy-duty tractor or, in this case, an articulated crawler tractor, you want tracks that can easily climb through rough terrains and any obstacles which may come your way. The 30-inch tracks of John Deere 9620RX allow you to maneuver on uneven grounds smoothly and perform heavy lifting or towing duties releasing just about 7psi of ground pressure.
- Six-Cylinder Engine: The John Deere 9620RX uses a 14.9-liter Six-Cylinder Cummins QSX15 diesel engine and can reach the highest of 620 horsepower. This means even the hardest of jobs can be done through this vehicle.
- Value For Money: This tractor is worth spending all the money, as it is equipped with all the latest technology along with many safety features. The lift capacity it has and the horsepower it generates are good enough for even the hardest of work.
- Spacious Cabin: It has a very spacious cabin that is air-conditioned, making it much more comfortable when compared to any other traditional tractor. It has many easy switch controls for almost every work that needs to be done and easily reachable mode controls and gears for transmission.
Now, let’s talk about the cons:
- High-Cost: John Deere tractors are generally costly when compared to other traditional tractor brands, and the John Deere 9620RX is, in fact, even costlier.
- Maintenance: Many users have said that the John Deere 9620RX model comes with very complex maintenance needs. It has tracks rather than tires and many such things, which makes maintenance a challenge, and the equipment is very expensive as well.
- Technology dependent: The John Deere 9620RX comes with different modes of transmission, such as fully automatic and custom transmission systems, which, if fails, can lead to downtime. It is laced with many other different types of technology, which, if lags, can lead to an obstruction of work.
A John Deere 9620RX tractor is one of the most expensive tractors you will come across. In the United States of America, a John Deere 9620RX is priced between $539,000 USD and $579,900 USD.
Prices may vary depending on various factors, including the condition, location, specifications, attachments, age, and usage.
John Deere 9620RX has a horsepower of 620 and is considered one of the highest horsepower models in the entire John Deere four-wheel drive tractor segment.
It has a fuel capacity of 1515 liters (400.2 US gal.; 333.3 Imp. gal), and diesel fuel is used in this engine.
The John Deere 9620RX weighs around 55,501 lbs or 25,175 kg without fuel.
John Deere is one of the biggest and most reputable brands in the tractor sector, and the John Deere 9620RX is one of the best they have got. This article will provide you with all the information you need to know about the John Deere 9620RX model, including all the specifications and features it offers.
Read this, and you will learn about the attachments it supports along with the pros and cons of this tractor which will help you decide if this fulfills your needs or not.