An arborist knows everything about trees. He knows about almost all the tree species, their growth, cultivation, diseases, de-compartmentalization of decay, how different trees react to pruning, and various other things. Arborists are trained professionals who have specialized degrees in tree-education. But that’s not the only identity they have.
Whether you have come across the term ‘arborist’ recently or want to pursue a career in this
field, you are in the right place. I will tell you everything I have learned about arborists and the
practice of arboriculture in this post. Moreover, if you are looking to hire a quality professional service look no further than Canopy Tree Arborists, you can follow this article to learn more.
What is an Arborist?
Arborists are more qualified than tree service technicians as they take care of the health of trees. In other words, arborists are tree doctors or tree surgeons who have studied individual tree-management to learn about different shrubs, vines, and other woody plants. Professional arborists have spent quality time mastering their skills to properly and effectively manage the growth of trees.
Job Description and Responsibilities of Arborists
An arborist has so many responsibilities and duties; his duties also depend on the employer and the people he is working for. The duties include climbing the trees (sometimes with a rope if the tree is too long to eliminate the chances of falling off), diagnosing potential diseases, giving recommendations on how to properly take care of them. They also provide recommendations on what nutrients they need in order to remain healthy. Moreover, they implement various services to the trees, including fertilization, pruning, and trimming, drought mitigation, insect and disease control, and seasonal tree care as well. Here, have a look at the services they offer more closely-
- Tree Pruning- Pruning of trees ensures healthy growth and an arborist can recommend what type of pruning a particular tree needs. Pruning protects the trees from attracting insects.
- Tree Planting– Arborists can determine the places perfect for individual trees so that they can grow with a healthy height and width. The professionals suggest what’s best for your tree’s long-term health.
- Emergency Tree Care- Storms, heavy rainfall, heavy winds, etc. cause a lot of damages to the trees. During these times, the arborists are called to take care of the trees and the circumstance.
- Tree Removal- In various situations, local authorities need solutions to remove a tree from a particular area. An arborist can be helpful in this case to figure out how to safely remove the tree. They have special equipment and skills to get the job done.
- Tree Care and Maintenance- Different trees require different types of maintenance strategies. An arborist can help you figure that out. He will recommend season tree care and damage cure services to make sure the trees are healthy and live a longer life.
How to Become a Professional Arborist?
To be an arborist does not fundamentally require formal education, a handful of experience in the field will do the job. Still, some employers look for at least a bachelor’s degree in arboriculture or forestry. The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certification perfectly describes the knowledge about arboriculture. Get the following certifications done if you want-
- ISA Certified Arborist Municipal Specialist
- ISA Certified Arborist Utility Specialist
- ISA Certified Tree Worker Climber Specialist
- ISA Certified Tree Worker Aerial Lift Specialist
- ISA Board Certified Master Arborist
Everyone likes to enjoy the services a tree provides. Their shadow during a difficult summer day can be very enjoyable, their fruits, the oxygen, the beautiful natural view that they produce is incomparable to anything else in the world. However, very few people take care of trees, and very few wish to become an arborist. If you have taken an interest in the field, I would suggest you go for it even if you can’t afford an education right now.
Though certified arborists are more professional and smart about their job, if you can research and study different tree species, you will achieve their intelligence. However, if you have a big garden with lots of trees and need help maintaining them, you can contact a Certified Arborist in your area. They will use the latest technology to diagnose the condition and provide a cure.
You may also like: