For those moving into a new home just looking to renovate an existing home, these are some landscape lighting ideas which can be incorporated into your front yard to enhance its appearance.
First and foremost, do a survey of the space and determine which kind of lighting will work best, either on its own or combined with another type. These are some lighting ideas you can use:
- Feature Lights
This kind of outdoor lighting works towards showing off and accentuating the plant life you have in your garden. For example, you could place a spotlight at the foot of a large or tall tree to give it a mysterious and impressive glow or you could place small string lights in high branches to create an enchanting and magical look.
- Safety Lights
When it comes to landscape lighting, you will find that this is the most common type used to provide both security and illumination for night time. Safety lighting can be found on garages, driveways and even stairways at night. These lights can be both functional and beautiful by, for example, placing floodlights in a tree right at the entrance to your home.
- Path Lights
Of the many landscape lighting ideas, one of them are path lights which are used to illuminate walkways so you can protect plants and also prevent any accidents from happening. For example, if you have a lawn which has beautiful grass and some flowers, you may want to keep guests and children from stepping on these by putting in some paver lights to illuminate the walkway and guide people on where to step.
- One very important tip to remember when searching for landscape lighting ideas is that less is more! Place a small number of lights in strategic positions to achieve the right effect rather than wasting on money and space with too many lights strewn all over.
- Place your outdoor lighting in positions where it won’t be a hindrance to passers-by or a danger to playing children or pets.
- Ensure you go for lighting which is weather resistant and can also withstand repeated human contact.
- All outdoor lighting ideas you come up with should involve keeping wiring or electrical points covered to protect children and pets from accidents such as electrocution or strangulation.
- Opt for solar powered lighting which is easy to install, safe for use around the home and very economical to use as it doesn’t generate electricity bills.
Learn about driveway lighting.